Meet Our Teachers
Mrs. Burk | Bio
Mrs. Cramer | Bio
Mr. Laurinaitis | Bio
Mrs. Lyon | Bio
Mrs. Phelan | Bio
Mrs. Wojtasiak | Bio
- Students apply a wide range of strategies to comprehend, interpret, evaluate, and appreciate diverse texts in reading. They adjust usage of spoken and written language to communicate appropriately in different settings.
- In math, students demonstrate an understanding of scientific notations, variables and patterns, probability and data, ratios and proportions, rational number and linear functions, absolute values, and advance problem solving techniques.
- The science learning targets provide opportunities for students to continue to develop their ability to plan, design, and conduct scientific investigations in life and physical sciences.
- Social studies topics further develop students’ understanding of government and history of U.S in the19th century.
Middle School Expectations
- 7th grade students are held to higher expectations of responsibility and accountability for academic performance and Catholic values-based behavior, along with parental and institutional support.
- Integrated Technology – 7th grade students at St. Joseph participate in an enhanced technology curriculum. Students receive and use personal Chromebooks for daily classroom instruction. Students and teachers utilize Google classroom throughout the entire curriculum, including content and delivery, collaborative learning, independent research projects, teacher-student communication, assessments, and overall student literacy.
- In 7th grade, there are many opportunities for students to participate in various academic competitions such as math competitions, Geography Bees, and Scholastic Bowls at local Catholic high schools. St. Joseph School is proud of their exceptional track record at many of these academic competitions.
- Middle school religious studies require students to participate in an in-depth review of the Ten Commandments with an application to how they affect one’s morality, develop insights as to why all of life is worthy of reverence, explain how God calls us to act in a loving way toward one another using knowledge of the Beatitudes and Catholic Social Teachings, and explore virtues and works of mercy as a method of living the model Jesus gave us.
7th Grade Curriculum