Opportunity. Achieve. Lead.
Our curriculum follows the National and Diocese of Joliet Standards and Benchmarks for Effective Catholic Elementary and Secondary Schools. We seek to educate the whole child by providing an excellent education rooted in Catholic values.
Along with the National Catholic School Standards, we integrate the Common Core State Standards as measurable standards of our progress in preparing students for future success in high school and college, and for career readiness. The combination of both standards gives our students a strong academic program rooted in the Catholic faith.
Our students are assessed through the Diocese of Joliet Curriculum Assessments and the yearly standardized Iowa Tests of Basic Skills. Recent Iowa Test results indicated that St. Joseph School, on average, scored “significantly above” the Diocese of Joliet and national average scores
- Religion, Math, Language Arts, and Reading
- Social studies and Science varies by grade level
- Art, Computer, Music, and Spanish
- Physical Education is held twice per week for grades K-8
We offer two classrooms per grade with approximately 20 students per classroom. This allows for personalized approach to learning. Paraprofessionals (Teacher Aides) support each class as needed.
K – 8:
- First bell is at 7:45 am
- Students are in their seats for prayers at 7:50 am
- Dismissal is at 2:10 pm
- Half Day PreK3:
- Tuesday and Thursday – 8:05 to 11:00 am
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday – 8:05 to 11:00 am
- Half Day PreK4: Monday through Friday – 8:05 to 11:00 am
- Full Day PreK4: Monday through Friday – 8:05 am to 2:00 pm